How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Professional Your Own Question
Legal Professional
Legal Professional, Lawyer.
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1170
Experience:  JD, 10 years representing clients, 75+ Trials
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Legal Professional is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello.... I have a brother who is Mentally disabled, he ...

Resolved Question:

Hello.... I have a brother who is Mentally disabled, he lives in a group home . He had 2 episodes last year that caused him to go into a hospital to be evaluated, ( he was in the care of staff members both times ) episodes that came after an incident. They no longer will let him out with family members as just in case he has another episode. He has not had episodes when with family members Who and where can I gat help
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Legal Professional replied 9 years ago.
Who is his guardian?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
In Aug 2007, They asked that we (My mother and I) sign papers for the ARC to gain Temp guardinship due to his anti-psychotic meds,( I was living in Florida at the time) until I moved back to the area. Now that I live here and requested that I regain guardianship back, They are telling me that I can not because he is over 21 and can make his own decisions.
Expert:  Legal Professional replied 9 years ago.

Two options... file with the court to get appointed as guardian....

or, if he is old enough to make his own decisions than he should be able to leave with you if he wants...

Legal Professional and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you