Legal Professional
Legal Professional, Lawyer.
Experience:  JD, 10 years representing clients, 75+ Trials
9045092

Hello.... I have a brother who is Mentally disabled, he ...

Hello.... I have a brother who is Mentally disabled, he lives in a group home . He had 2 episodes last year that caused him to go into a hospital to be evaluated, ( he was in the care of staff members both times ) episodes that came after an incident. They no longer will let him out with family members as just in case he has another episode. He has not had episodes when with family members Who and where can I gat help
Expert:  Legal Professional replied 9 years ago.
Who is his guardian?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
In Aug 2007, They asked that we (My mother and I) sign papers for the ARC to gain Temp guardinship due to his anti-psychotic meds,( I was living in Florida at the time) until I moved back to the area. Now that I live here and requested that I regain guardianship back, They are telling me that I can not because he is over 21 and can make his own decisions.

Two options... file with the court to get appointed as guardian....

or, if he is old enough to make his own decisions than he should be able to leave with you if he wants...