How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118708
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a J2-visa and I received an employment ...

This answer was rated:

I have a J2-visa and I received an employment authorization which will expire from 08/31/08 (Our DS-2019 only covers to 08/31/2008). So I need to extend my employment authorization right now.
My husband also was accepted to have a J1 visa next year (from 9/1/08 to 08/31/2009). He will extend his DS-2019. However, the institute that he applied cannot provide us the new extended DS-2019 until September 1, 2008. They said me that they will not have access to our record until that date, the date prior university notes as the transfer. What should I do now? It means I have to resign until I received the new employment authorization? (I have a part time job now) and I cannot extend my employment authorization until I received the new DS-2019?
You have to resubmit the DS-2019 for the extension of your stay as you did in applying for the J1 visa and the process takes the same amount of time to file. You need to call one of these free agencies and they can get you started.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for each of my answers. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to PaulMJD's Post: Thank you very for your answer. I do not understand very well. So let me explain more my situation.

In fact, the DS 2019 of my husband will be transferred (not extended). Hence the institute where he will work can not touch the file until the day he works there (09/01/08). That's why I haven't the necessary paper (the DS 2019 for the next year) to apply for extending the work permit.

I do not understand well your following phrase "as you did in applying for the J1 visa" because of the fact that I concern only J2 visa.

Thank you very much,
All the best
Sorry for the misunderstanding. There is generally a grace period in filing for these extensions because of the need for you to get in other paperwork. This is why I said you should call one of the resources I provided to you so they could assist you in getting the paperwork completed as best as you can until all the required documents come through.
Law Educator, Esq. and 8 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you