How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 28364
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If you are on probation in Texas; but need to

Resolved Question:

If you are on probation in Texas; but need to appear in court in California on charges you are fighting because you are innocent and the Texas system is saying if you leave Texas and go to California to make your court appearance and then come back, you will be arrested as soon as you appear - because Texas will have an arrest warrant out because you left the state. If you don''t appear in California to fight your charges they will automatically think you are guilty and also charge you will failure to show; which is another charge. What do you do?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 9 years ago.
The solution is simple. Since you are on probation, your attorney in Texas, needs to file a motion, to allow you to leave the State of Texas. In the motion, he should state the legal reason you need to travel (i.e. another court case in California which you are fighting). Attached with the motion, a copy of any court documents which show the case in Cali as well as any flight itinerary, you will have booked. List the dates you are leaving and returning. This will be heard by the Judge who placed you on probation.The Judge will sign an order, allowing your travel and you will not have to worry about a warrant being issued. In the event you do not appear in Cali, the Judge will issue a warrant for your arrest. Your attorney should be there, regardless if you are and explain to the court your situation and ask for the court date to be re-set, once you have permission to travel.
LegalKnowledge and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you