How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118649
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have a significant other who left me with bills filed up ...

Customer Question

i have a significant other who left me with bills filed up from 2 creditcard in my name and he is an added person on those 2 creditcard .i issued a check plus withdraw a total of $500.00 dollars from his account,now he said i have to pay for it or make a deposit into his account .what is the next step into this matter.he owe in credit estimated $18,000.00 plus 2 cars we bought and he made a promise to pay both cars.thank you
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 years ago.
Unfortunately, if your name is XXXXX XXXXX cards and his name is XXXXX XXXXX person, you will be liable for those debts if he doesn not pay. As far as the cars, that depends upon whose name is XXXXX XXXXX loans also. If both names are XXXXX XXXXX loans or just your name, then you are liable for those as well. The only recourse you have is to sue this person for the payment on the credit card bills and the cars. Because of the amount, you would have to bring suit in superior court. You should get an attorney to assist you with this and ask for attorney's fees as part of your suit to recover the debt.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for each of my answers. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

Law Educator, Esq. and 8 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
i am very please with the answer now i know what kind of lawyer and where to file my case.unfortunately i am the primary holder of the credicard and the 2 cars.printed documents from my laptop is that legal to use when we go to court for the matters,or should call the credit company and @ this point the 2 cars will be kept until matters resolve or which ever comes plan is to return the 2 cars to mercedez-benz financial,can't afford to make the payment.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 years ago.
You can start with the documents you printed from your laptop, but you will eventually need certified copies from the credit card companies, especially for trial if it comes to that. As far as returning the cars, they will sell them, but you could still be held liable for the difference between what they sell them for and what is owed. You should get a deal in writing from the dealer if you return the cars that specifies exactly what you will owe or if they will write off the balance and not hold you liable.