How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27296
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an outstanding court cost of $1257.00 for DUI in ...

Resolved Question:

I have an outstanding court cost of $1257.00 for DUI in 2002 and Driving on suspended liscence in 2005. Am I eligable under the new law to do community service? I am on SSI and I surely don''t have the money. Melody gandy [email protected]
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 9 years ago.
You should be able to do community service, instead of paying the $1257.00. Unless this was reflected on the court disposition, you most likely will need permission from the Judge. File a motion asking the Judge to convert your court costs / fee's to community service. Normally, it should be around a rate of $10 per hour.
LegalKnowledge and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you