How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dave Kennett Your Own Question
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27689
Experience:  25 years experience in general law, including real estate, criminal, traffic, and domestic relations
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dave Kennett is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Money back

Resolved Question:

My finance' and I bought a car together, I paid my half as down payment in the sum of $8000, we are broke up now, can I get my money back?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 9 years ago.

DearCustomer- If your ex boyfriend is in possession of the car you can sue him for half the value. If there is a loan you cannot get a release from the loan unless it is approved by the lender. You would have to sue your ex in your local court for the money and if you get a judgment you can garnish his assets and proceed with collection.

Unless your ex agrees to give you the money you will need to file a suit to get it back.

David Kennett - JD - Attorney at Law

Dave Kennett and 10 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you