How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 117358
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Type your law question here I bought/financed a Dell ...

Resolved Question:

Type your law question here I bought/financed a Dell Laptop via catalog/mail. They sent software that would not work and they refused to help/fix/replace. I paid monthly for 6-7 months and stopped paying. The laptop did not perform vital functions that I wanted. No portability, no wireless and no high speed capabilities. I am limited to dial up service which I pay monthly. We [ Me, Dell, Dell Financial Services, Dell Tech in Indonesia and Malaysia who would not help me and kept badgering for my SS#, 3 Collection agencies, Equifax and CIT Financial]. Recently, CIT "charged off " the debt which has a negative effect on my credit rating. The NJ Attorney General''s office "cannot help" because Dell is in Texas and I reside in NJ. The Texas AG took a complaint but did nothing. They and DEll are in Austin where Dell employs much of the population. Can you help me? John Ferro XXX-XXX-XXXX
Submitted: 9 years ago via RomingerLegal.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 years ago.
You have a right under the Federal Credit Reporting Act to dispute the marks on your credit report. You have to send letters to the credit bureaus disputing the bad marks and with copies of the proof they breached their contract. You can also file a lawsuit against Dell in NJ for breach of contract and breach of warranty, you do not need to file in TX because Dell has sufficient contacts in NJ based on its holding itself out as doing business there. You should contact a NJ product liability lawyer or contract lawyer to assist you and there is a possibility of even a class action beginning in NJ. You should show the lawyer the NY case and they should be able to file the same type of claim in NJ if your situation is the same.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for each of my answers. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

Law Educator, Esq. and 7 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions