How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawHelpNow Your Own Question
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 7639
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LawHelpNow is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I relinquish all legal and cutodial claims to am

Resolved Question:

How can I relinquish all legal and cutodial claims to am unborn child?
Submitted: 9 years ago via RomingerLegal.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 9 years ago.

Hello and thanks so much for choosing this forum to pose your important legal question. I will do my best to give you some honest and accurate guidance.

  1. Under California law this can be done on a voluntary basis as part of adoption proceedings. If this applies to your case, just let me know and I can provide you with information on how that works in California.

  2. Otherwise, other than for involuntary relinquishment based on what is in the best interests of the child (i.e. parental abandonment, abuse, neglect), California law does not allow a biological parent to give up their duties and obligations toward their child (such as providing child support).

  3. If you have any additional questions please feel free to write back and I would be glad to help however I can.

If we can be of any further assistance please free to use our service again. Best wishes for a successful outcome.

If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will receive compensation for the work performed. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.

The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using this forum, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and Benjamin M. Burt, Jr., Esq. You should always consult with a lawyer in your state.

LawHelpNow and 7 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you