Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I had an accident couple of weeks ago at a bar/club in ...

Customer Question
I had an accident couple...
I had an accident couple of weeks ago at a bar/club in Philly. I had a couple of drinks as it was my friend''s graduation party and the DJ at that club was inviting girls to dance on the top of the bar(they generally do that out there). Somehow I got convinced to dance with my friends (on the bar), and a minute after that I slipped and fell on my face from that bar table. I got hurt pretty bad, and was taken to a nearby hospital where I got 6 stitches above my eye. I still haven''t recovered completely from that injury. I got a bill from the city of Philadelphia for the ambulance service that I used to go to the hospital. It is around 500 dollars and another 300-400 dollars from the hospital. I''m a student and can''t afford this right now. Do you think I qualify for any kind of compensation?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Legal
7/1/2008
Lawyer: rvlaw, Lawyer (JD) replied 9 years ago
rvlaw
rvlaw, Lawyer (JD)
Hi, and welcome to Just Answer. Thank you for entrusting me with your legal issue. I will do my best to assist you. During the course of our interaction , I may need some additional information.

Generally I would say no..but since the DJ was encouraging you, I would contact the bar owner and make the claim. His insurance company will probably cover it.

Rich

I feel they shouldn't let people dance on the top of the bar in the first place. I know I shouldn't have gotten up there and it was my fault too, but considering the fact that it is a bar and people tend to get drunk and do crazy stuff out of their senses, they shouldn't let anyone get up there. I mean this wouldn't have happened if they wouldn't have allowed/encouraged me and others...what you think?

As I said....you have nothing to lose. Word of caution...don't suggest it was your fault.

rich

rvlaw
rvlaw, Lawyer (JD)
rvlaw
rvlaw
rvlaw, Lawyer (JD)