How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118087
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got citation for VC 21453A and VC 5204A

Customer Question

I have recently received the ticket for VC 21453A and VC-5204A in Redwood City, CA.
VC-21453A=> I was at the T junction {-|}in the right most lane and when i saw the light turned red i stopped but crossed the limit line. I wasnt affecting trafic at all ( i dont think there are cameras) when cop pulled me over he found that my recent registration tag isnt displayed so VC5204A, but i showed him the proof of current registration.
i have got the notice of bail for $388.50, is this the right amount? what is the breakdown and how can I fight against it?
I stoped and didnt break the red light. Also I was on the road for the nonprofit org. work. i am heavily involve in their activity. Can this help me anyway?
I would like to transefer the ticket to closer to my home location, how can i do that?
Please let me know-
(edited for privacy)
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 years ago.
First, the bail amount is in lieu of a physical arrest and is set by the court. The amount is based on you past driving record and the violations. See,

You cannot get the venue changed, it will be heard in the place where the violation occurred. The fact that you do volunteer work and was doing so when stopped may help you in getting the charges reduced to something that does not go on your license. Additionally, if you show proof of the registration to the court, they are likely to dismiss that charge.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for each of my answers. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.