How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask rvlaw Your Own Question
rvlaw, Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8386
Experience:  NYC Trial Atty. 30 yrs.- pers. inj., contracts, real estate, criminal, estates, matrimonial.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
rvlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My aunt died.She never married and has one living ...

Customer Question

My aunt died.She never married and has one living sister who is in charge of her estate.My aunt had a will made out one year before she died.Her sister has four boys.They were left everything in the she had.My aunt and I were very close .The last 15 years of her life I helped her in every way.I was by far her favorite nephew.I believe the will is a fake.I cant prove it.I went to court to contest.I was told to get an attorney to represent me.The will was made out by an attorney and witnessed by two other attorneys.There were other nieces involved that were left out of the will.My aunt was always fair and told me and my other cousins that if anything is left when she passed it would be left to all neices and nephews.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  rvlaw replied 9 years ago.


You need proof to contest a will. The will controls over all oral promises made during life. Unless you can prove irregularity in the will execution; that the person was not of sound mind; that she made the will under duress or pressure from another, etc. the will must stand.


rvlaw and 7 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Thanks If you know a way I can hold my dear cousins up from getting the money from the estate (Without paying an attorney)please let me know Thanks again.
Expert:  rvlaw replied 9 years ago.

Even if you had an attorney, I'm afraid you can't. Sorry.