How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 39045
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your Legal Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I enrolled to attend a university distance learning program ...

Customer Question

I enrolled to attend a university distance learning program over 2 years ago.i recieved financial aid to attend federal loans...I was never allowed to attend because the school claimed i did not receive my financial aid in time.So i never even was allowed access to any class. However, now the shcool turn me to collections becasue of the 4k that i allagedly was never officailly granted hence the reason i didnt attend. This has been on my credit report and has stopped me from achieiving many thing or attending a different school. What can i do?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  socrateaser replied 9 years ago.

You should dispute the debt with the collection agency and with the three credit reporting agencies (, and

Did you pay the loans back? If not, then what happened to the money?