How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask rvlaw Your Own Question
rvlaw, Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8386
Experience:  NYC Trial Atty. 30 yrs.- pers. inj., contracts, real estate, criminal, estates, matrimonial.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
rvlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to sell the car that my girlfriend and I bought

This answer was rated:

We bought the car two months ago and she paid $10000 I paid $12000, the car was sold in her name. We paid with her check and my check. She just split up with me and I want my half of the money from the car. I want to sell the car for what I can get and give her half, she doesn't want me to sell it but said she'll go to court if I want my share.

Hi Kent,

You are each entitled to get your money out of the car, based upon your % of ownership: 12K and 10K in case the value is now less since it's two months old. If you two can't agree to sell and divide the proceeds, one of you will have to sue to force it to happen. Since she is resisting and the title is in her name, she probably will do nothing. You will have to sue HER to get the matter resolved.


rvlaw and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you