Jane Doe Deer
Jane Doe Deer, Attorney
Experience:  Atty. since 1986; Plain English answers to family law, employment, landlord-tenant, & other questions
10033880

WHAT IS THE CALFORNIA LAW FOR A PUBLIC RESTROOM ON THE ...

Customer Question

WHAT IS THE CALFORNIA LAW FOR A PUBLIC RESTROOM ON THE FREEWAY ? IM A GAS STATION MANGER , I HAVE A PUBLIC RESTROOM HER FOR THE PUBLIC AND IM RIGHT OFF THE FREEWAY . ABOUT 45% OF THE PUBLIC JUST COME INSIDE THE STORE ASK FOR THE BATHROOM . IM PAYING FOR WATER , TOLIET PAPER, SOAP. IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN CHARGE THEM THE PUBLIC TO USE THE RESTROO
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 9 years ago.
Have you tried "customers only" yet?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
NO

I'm pretty sure that you can limit use of the restroom to customers only. Do you have any reason to believe differently?

I'm not sure that this can be looked up, but businesses have the right to refuse service and that should include bathrooms.