Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
1723468

if 2 parties signed a written agreement without a witness ...

if 2 parties signed a written agreement without a witness and it was not notirized is it legal or binding in the stae of New jersey
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 9 years ago.
Written agreements do not require notarization or witnesses to be binding. So long as both parties have signed, the written agreement is legal and binding. Only certain documents may require notarization such as loan documents from a mortgage company, deed transfers, power of attorneys to name a few, but not written agreements between two parties.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research. If you need more help, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over, thank you.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. . You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. I do not provide general or specific legal advice. . I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are recommended to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate and complete information. Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to LawNinvest's Post: This written agreement does involve one person agreeing to pay someone a sum to buy out a house they both own 50/50 and involves an ageement they made regarding a 2nd mobile home. is it still binding?
Yes, it is still binding, because this is a written agreement between to lay persons, not between a bank or a lender. This is between to private persons, so my answer remains the same as my first answer.