Justice For All
Justice For All, Attorney at Law, JD
Experience:  Over 8 years of legal experience /family law, general practice, and criminal defense.
7902899

I need help regarding joint custody that my ex husband and i

i need help regarding joint custody that my ex husband and i have
Expert:  Justice For All replied 9 years ago.
What kind of help do you need?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Justice For All's Post: MY EX AND I HAVE JOINT CUSTODY... EVERY OTHER WEEKENDS (FOR BOTH) AND MON TUES AND ALT WED FOR ME, I KEEP ,THEN ALT WED FOR HIM AND ALT WEEKENDS. THE PAST FEW YEARS WE HAVE ADHERED TO A DIFF SCHED THAT WE AGREED ON, BUT NOW HE DOESN'T WANT TO GO BY THAT, AND WE CANT AGREE ON ANYTHING. I WORK EVERY WEEKEND, AND HE IS OFF. IF WE GO BEFORE A JUDGE, AGAIN, WILL HE THEN JUST POSSIBLY ORDER US TO GO BY WHAT IS DOCUMENTED IN THE DIVORCE DECREE?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
HELLO?

You need to file a petition to modify visitation with the same court that issued your custody decree. A judge will not take into consideration any sort of verbal agreement. So the verbal agreement you have been going by will not be adhered to.

You will have to get visitation modify if you want to make your ex adhere to any different sort of arrangement.

Don't forget to click ACCEPT so that I may be compensated for my time,.