How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask rvlaw Your Own Question
rvlaw, Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8386
Experience:  NYC Trial Atty. 30 yrs.- pers. inj., contracts, real estate, criminal, estates, matrimonial.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
rvlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was served with a civil action notice of ...

This answer was rated:

I was served with a civil action notice of motion, civil action order and civil action certification of the defendant.


You read the certification and submit a sworn certification in opposition to the motion. Use the same format....caption at top, form of certification, notarized, etc. Call yours CERTIFICATION IN OPPOSITION TO MOTION.. Serve a copy by mail on the defendant's attorney and the original with the court with the affidavit of mailing. Have a person other than you mail it and have him fill out an affidavit of mailing. Call the court clerk to see if you must appear on the date in the notice of motion specified or whether submitting the papers is sufficient.


rvlaw and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Do I have to provide a seperate written Certification like the defendant? I was calling my document "answer to motion" which I will change to "Certification In Opposition to Motion"

Please let me know, he states information in his certification that is not true. Can I just encorporate my response in my Certification In Opposition to Motion?

please let me know, so far this has been most helpful

That's exactly what the certification is dispute and contradict as much of his certification that you disagree with so the court will deny his motion.


Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Thank you!!!! I would highly recommend your service

My pleasure