How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask rvlaw Your Own Question
rvlaw, Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8386
Experience:  NYC Trial Atty. 30 yrs.- pers. inj., contracts, real estate, criminal, estates, matrimonial.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
rvlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I wish to have a lien executed aganst a boat owner who ...

Resolved Question:

I wish to have a lien executed aganst a boat owner who refuses to pay the repair bill of $2,000 though he has been happy with the job. We cannot find a registration numbr or documentation for the boat but we have the hull number. I am told that since there is neither a registration nor documentation a lien cannot be issued. Is this true?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  rvlaw replied 9 years ago.


Much better route is to sue him in small clains court. You can do it yourself instead of filing a lien and foreclosing on it for which you would need counsel.$FILE/307SCR.pdf?OpenElement



This is information only, NOT legal advice. No attorney-client relationship has been created. Consult an attorney in your state for legal advice regarding your issue.


rvlaw and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you