How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jane T (LLC) Your Own Question
Jane T (LLC)
Jane T (LLC), Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8435
Experience:  Experienced attorney; contracts, internet, business, finance, employment, RE, consumer, & more.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Jane T (LLC) is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

got real estate loan from a company who made loan said ...

Resolved Question:

got real estate loan from a company who made loan said would loan @ 80% to value the day before closing they said no only 60%. I feel they breached the contract and we should be able to get other moneies for damages ect. What type of firm should i be call or a list of firms thanks [email protected]
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Jane T (LLC) replied 9 years ago.


The general rule is that an attorney, upon obtaining state licensing as an attorney, can take on any case he or she wants to, so, in theory, any kind of attorney can assist with any type of case. However, attorneys do, in fact, tend to prefer to work in certain areas of law, such as estates, contracts, criminal law, real estate law, etc. The situation you describes, based on just what you say here, may include contract law, real estate law, lending law, consumer protection law, perhaps even criminal law among others. You may want to speak to attorneys in all areas of law to see what they think would be your best claims or avenues to proceed.

Potential clients can obtain free referral's from their local or state bar associations:

  • Colorado Bar Association - (also has several other referral services listed at the bottom of the page)
  • Metropolitan Lawyer Referral Service in Denver - may allow you to speak to someone about your situation and they may direct you to what type of attorney may be best -


Jane T (LLC) and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you