How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ed Johnson Your Own Question
Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson, International HR Consultant
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10760
Experience:  GPHR cer BS, U.S.C. Pueblo; Immigration Law by Am. Mngmnt Association & USCIS Bus. Liaison ofc 1999
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ed Johnson is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my mother was very sick.She lived two houses down from my ...

Resolved Question:

my mother was very sick.She lived two houses down from my brothers house. She was so sick she could not sign her checks so she had him sign them for her all though he was not on her banking account. My sister that lives three hours away is. my mother past away april 15,2008. Now my sister is filing charges on him for him signing the other sister witnessed my mother tell him to sign for her.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ed Johnson replied 9 years ago.

Dear mrtbrmw,

When your mother gave him permission to sign the checks, this amounts to a verbal Power of attorney. A charge of fraud or foregery can not be sustained if there is permission to sign and deposit the checks.


Ed Johnson and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you