How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawgirl Your Own Question
Lawgirl, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4606
Experience:  I am an attorney familiar with the above-stated subject matter.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Lawgirl is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

There are blogs posted about me and my fiance on ...

Resolved Question:

There are blogs posted about me and my fiance'' on a person''s myspace page on a daily basis. This woman is the estranged wife of my fiance. They have been undergoing a divorce for four years now. She keeps managing to get it to drag out longer. She has been court ordered to stop with the comments on the myspace account. She did not and a contempt citation was filed. She was found guilty and sentenced to 90 days incarceration. The sentence was suspended on several conditions including that she comply with the Court''s previous order to "not post on the MySpace web site, or any web site, derogatory remarks concerning (husband''s name). ... and that any derogatory remarks be immediately deleted." The comments not only continued, but escalated. Another contempt filing was continued on her behalf, until July. She is making threats to do us harm. Now a vehicle has been tampered with. What can we do to get the MySpace removed NOW?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Lawgirl replied 9 years ago.


Thank you for your question.

There may not be a lot that can be done to get the site removed NOW. You can contact MySpace and share the situation with them. This may be a violation of her user agreement, so they may remove the site for her. If she is represented by an attorney, you may (or have your representative) contact the attorney to reason with her to remove the damaging information.

If the situation is escalating to threats of physical violence, you may consider going into court for a protective or restraining order against you. You may also consider a defamation action for any negative factual comments she is making about you that are causing you damage and lessening your reputation.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, or require clarification of this matter. Otherwise please hit "ACCEPT", so I may receive credit for my response. Tips and feedback are also appreciated.

Good Luck!



Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Lawgirl's Post: MySpace has already been contacted by numerous family members that have been the victims of her written attacks. The site still remains. Do you know if there is a way to get them a copy of the court order to see if that makes a difference.

Her attorney is well aware of the situation. They have been trying to explain to her that she will go to prison if she doesn't comply, but she feels that she is above the law. She thinks that she can sue the courts for what they are doing to her.

We have contacted local police department, and the person involved is himself a police officer, and she is as well, although not currently working as such. We have had to move out of state because of what has been done to our reputations in the home town, and because of her kidnapping her daughter out of school at home. We have a protection order, but just need some direction on how to get the blogs to stop.
Expert:  Lawgirl replied 9 years ago.
If you have a copy of the court order, you can make a copy and send it to them or fax it to them. You may call MySpace and ask for their legal department. Ask them what steps they need you to take to get this content off the internet. They may have a process that you need to follow that will allow them to take the site down immediately.
Lawgirl and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you