How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Professional Your Own Question
Legal Professional
Legal Professional, Lawyer.
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1170
Experience:  JD, 10 years representing clients, 75+ Trials
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Legal Professional is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am single and gave birth to a baby boy on 12-11-05.

Resolved Question:

I am single and gave birth to a baby boy on 12-11-05. I had post partum depression. My brother and sister along with other family members and friends did not want me to keep my baby. After three months of their betrayals and "criminal" acts against me , I signed relinquishment papers to give my baby up for adoption to the married couple they chose. Because I was taking an anti-depressive medication the state required a letter from my doctor stating that I was of sound mind to sign relinquishment papers. All of my treating doctors refused to write this letter. Behind my back , a friend went to a doctor at my place of employment and asked her to write this letter. She did and faxed it to the state without my consent. I want to take legal action. I have seen five attorneys re:this issue and they refer me to another attorney that they say will be the one to handle this case. Every attorney I have seen does not handle this type of case. What do I do and where do I go for help?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Legal Professional replied 9 years ago.

You do have a medical malpractice issue here.

The problem is it is a very specialized type of claim, which many med mal lawyers may have never pursued before.

I would try an internet search at and

I would also keep asking each attorney you saw for another referral..

There is also the statute of limitations, which is the time to sue in. Only the local lawyers you met with can tell you when this expires...

Legal Professional and 12 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you