Ask NO LEGAL ADVICE WAS GIVEN BY ME Your...
NO LEGAL ADVICE  WAS GIVEN BY ME
NO LEGAL ADVICE WAS GIVEN BY ME, N/A
Experience:  All information given by me was for ENTERNTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY -No legal Advice was provided.
9218860

Can my landlord increase rent in Iowa with no warning at ...

Can my landlord increase rent in Iowa with no warning at all?
Your landlord can increase the rent if you are on a month to month tenancy. However, proper notice must be given. So, no, a warning must be given by way of legal notice.

If you are in a lease, more than month long, the the terms in the lease establish when and when the landlord can or cannot increase rent.

Your Just Answer Expert,

VRJ

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
What would be ample time for notice? 3o days?
Without checking your state specific laws, which I will if you need me to, yes, 30 days notice of a rent increase is reasonable. Click here to learn more, and if you need your specific state law, just let me know.

Your Just Answer Expert,

VRJ