How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawgirl Your Own Question
Lawgirl, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4606
Experience:  I am an attorney familiar with the above-stated subject matter.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Lawgirl is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

a man I work with found out where we were vacationing. i ...

Resolved Question:

a man I work with found out where we were vacationing. i was sent a full frontal nude picture of myself ande rumors went around work of a sex tape of my husband and I. I am devistated. I do not have any evidence but what can I do about this,
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Lawgirl replied 9 years ago.

Where did the nude picture come from? How did this man obtain it? Who started the rumors? Were they true?

Thank you,


Customer: replied 9 years ago.
the picture was sent via email, it would have to been taken above our hotel room bed. staff people were talking as if they saw a video tape of my husband and I having sex. This has caused me to quit my job .I was suicidal for a time and am still in therapy.
Expert:  Lawgirl replied 9 years ago.


Thank you for your question.

This may be a form of sexual harassment for which your employer and the employee can be held liable. However, more troubling is whether there are private pictures floating around. If someone has taken private pictures of you without your consent and is passing them out, that is something that may need to be reported to the authorities at the state and even the federal level. Such an action is tantamount to stalking.

If you can prove that these picture were sent around your work and your employer knew and did nothing about it, then you may have an action for sexual harassment. You may consider taking your employee manual, your evidence of the misconduct and any written paperwork to a local employment law attorney who can see your evidence and assess the potential merits of your case.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, or require clarification of this matter. Otherwise please hit "ACCEPT", so I may receive credit for my response. Tips and feedback are also appreciated.

Good Luck!


Lawgirl and 9 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you