How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jane T (LLC) Your Own Question
Jane T (LLC)
Jane T (LLC), Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8435
Experience:  Experienced attorney; contracts, internet, business, finance, employment, RE, consumer, & more.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Jane T (LLC) is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We need to get a restraining order against our son. We ...

Customer Question

We need to get a restraining order against our son. We know he is on drugs and alcohol and we are afraid for him. We want an order that he cannot come near my husband or me, our home, or my husband''s workplace.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Jane T (LLC) replied 9 years ago.


I understand that you would like to obtain a restraining order and you explained your reasons why, but what is your question?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
What do we need to do? How much does it cost in the state of Mississippi.
Expert:  Jane T (LLC) replied 9 years ago.

Dear igarner92,

As in most states, restraining orders or orders of protection are obtained by filing a case with the court nearest you which handles such matters. Today most courts offer forms people can fill out. In MS you can obtain information about which court to contact and the process by contacting your state's Attorney General's Office -