rvlaw
rvlaw, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  NYC Trial Atty. 30 yrs.- pers. inj., contracts, real estate, criminal, estates, matrimonial.
3071004

I purchased a used RV and was told about the cooling off ...

Customer Question

I purchased a used RV and was told about the cooling off period. However I was later told that the cooling off period clause only applies if you take possession of the vehicle. I have not taken possession of the RV from the dealer. If this is true where can I find and print the information about the cooling off period as it pertains to taken or not taken possession of the vehicle?
Expert:  rvlaw replied 9 years ago.

HI,

Sorry..you were misinformed. There is no cooling off period. Here is a site with the info:

http://www.carspace.com/guides/Whats-the-cooling-off-period-to-back-out-of-my-car-purchase

Rich

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I did not accept the answer because I went back to the dealer and asked them about the cooling off period applying to me if I did not take possession of the vehicle and physically driving it off the lot, in fact it is correct I was not bound. They tore up the contract since I had not taken possession of the vehicle and said I was clear of the vehicle. Of course they tried to sell me another one but I was not obligated to buy.
Expert:  rvlaw replied 9 years ago.

You were lucky that they cancelled. No problem about not accepting. It's the way JA works.

Rich