How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask truthfinder Your Own Question
truthfinder, Truth Finder
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 2293
Experience:  I'm a straight forward person w/ a professional manner & drive to find the truth!
Type Your Legal Question Here...
truthfinder is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

An verbal agreement was made with my husband and his ...

This answer was rated:

An verbal agreement was made with my husband and his clients to build their home. My husband has taken out the building loan and has paid for initial start-up costs of the home. His clients have decided not to continue with the home. How do we recoup our funds that have been used? Can we sue them for costs without the aide of an attorney?
You need to send them a certified letter demanding payment within 30 days or contact with in 10 to make payments. If you hear nothing after that time then file a civil action against them in the court where the property is located or where they live; you can contact the Clerk of Court for these forms. You can sue for the monetary damages incurred for the work that was done, breach of contract, court costs, recovery fees, etc. You do not have to have an attorney for this type of situation and if you are awarded judgment and they refuse to pay, you can file to have a lien placed on the property they have including the land you were building this home on, their current home, etc.
truthfinder and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you