Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Does the L.A. Co. S.D. have independent (not requested by ...

Customer Question
Does the L.A. Co. S.D...
Does the L.A. Co. S.D. have independent (not requested by the owner) legal jurisdiction to issue parking citations on private property in L.A. County?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Legal
4/1/2008
Lawyer: Bill F., Paralegal replied 9 years ago
Bill F.
Bill F., Paralegal

Yes if it is private public property (like a grocery store, shopping center, etc) and the ticket is for a parking violation (parking in a red zone or handicapped spot). Under the zoning laws for commercial property this comes within their jurisdiction.

Good luck. If you have any other related questions please let me know. If you found this answer helpful please accept so I can continue to help others like you in the future. Thank you.

Bill F.
Bill F., Paralegal
Bill F.
Bill F.
Bill F., Paralegal