Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Someone lives in Illinois and gets arrested, there is

Customer Question
a warrant issued for the...
Someone lives in Illinois and gets arrested, there is a warrant issued for the person in Virginia for grand larceny. Virginia states they will pick him up. How long can Illinois hold this person?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Legal
4/1/2008
Lawyer: Bill F., Paralegal replied 9 years ago
Bill F.
Bill F., Paralegal

Until the State of Virginia arranges the transport or sends a court order allowing the person to be released. This can be months depending on the courts back logs.

Good luck. If you have any other related questions please let me know. If you found this answer helpful please accept so I can continue to help others like you in the future. Thank you.

Bill F.
Bill F.
Bill F., Paralegal