How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 20012
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Attorney & Mediator is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a victim of domestic assault and harassment in ...

Customer Question

I am a victim of domestic assault and harassment in Pennsylvania. He was arrested for both crimes. He is now trying to sue me for the dog he gave me as a Christmas gift. I am considering counter suing for the assault and harrassment charges. Is there any way to put a dollar amount on those in civil court?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 9 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

The only way to counter-sue for the assault and harassment would be if you have incurred actual expenses associated from the results of this crime. Such things as:

1) medical expenses,

2) expenses for medication

3) costs in retaining an attorney

4) Time off from work resulting from the injuries you have sustained (not for having to come to court).

You can also counter-sue for filing a frivolous lawsuit if the dog was a gift and that he be responsible for the court fees and costs associated with coming to court and counter-suing.

Don't forget to click Accept for my time and research, thank you.

Please accept my answer for the work I have provided you and to close this window. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research/educational use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate information. Thank you.