How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Amy Hightower Your Own Question
Amy Hightower
Amy Hightower, Lawyer.
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 139
Experience:  13 years legal experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Amy Hightower is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can i ask a child support for my daughter

Resolved Question:

hello, i have a daughter who wants to see her father, but the father refused beacause he''s already married and his wife doesn''t know that he had a child with me, they lived in New Jersey, and my daughter and i lived here in France,I just want to have some advice if we can do something with it, since he did not support my child since she was born, my daughter now is 15yrs old.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Amy Hightower replied 9 years ago.

Just because your daughter refuses to see her does not mean he doesn't have to support her. The fact that you are in France and he is in the US may make it a little tricky, but the state of New Jersey has services to help you recover child support from fathers living in their state. The website with all the information you need to get you started is .

I hope this is helpful to you. If it is, please click accept so that I can be paid for my time.

Amy Hightower and 7 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you