How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask truthfinder Your Own Question
truthfinder, Truth Finder
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 2293
Experience:  I'm a straight forward person w/ a professional manner & drive to find the truth!
Type Your Legal Question Here...
truthfinder is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Do I have any recourse besides filing an official complaint ...

Customer Question

Do I have any recourse besides filing an official complaint against my husband''s lawyer (divorce case)? He has called me names,including during depositions, threathen me with bodily harm, pushed me from behind, attempted to blackmail me (stolen premarital folders, calls the GAL and lies to her--tells her I''m drinking and drugging, etc. This has been going on 3 years.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  truthfinder replied 9 years ago.
You can file a civil suit against him for slander, defamation, and possible libel; read more HERE. You can seek monetary damages as well as file a police report to press charges for harassment, assault in the 3rd degree, extortion, or other charges that may be able to be filed. I suggest contacting a Personal Injury attorney in your area as it would not be a very good idea to represent yourself in a matter like this. You need to report him to the Bar Association as what he has done is unacceptable by any means, especially by the code of professionalism the state holds attorneys to; read HERE & HERE.