How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dave Kennett Your Own Question
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27689
Experience:  25 years experience in general law, including real estate, criminal, traffic, and domestic relations
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dave Kennett is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

restrainig order

Customer Question

My ex has been taking my 6 month out at all hours of the night and coming home at 2 and 3 am and sometimes not at all. she makes my daughter sleep in the same bed as her and the guy she''s having sex with and i think thats neglect, sexual abuse and endangerment. I dont care if she is with this guy, but can i get a restraining order on him for my daughter so she isn''t subjected to this?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 9 years ago.

DearCustomer- What needs to be done if you have concrete evidence of this activity is to call children's services and/or file a motion to gain custody of your child. This is dangerous to the child and probably a violation of child endangerment laws. Your child is the responsibility of your ex and not her boyfriend so a restraining order against him won't do anything to change the lifestyle of your ex.

If you can prove these allegations you can likely obtain custody of your baby. In any event your child should not be in the custody of your ex.

David Kennett - JD - Attorney at Law