How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jane T (LLC) Your Own Question
Jane T (LLC)
Jane T (LLC), Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8435
Experience:  Experienced attorney; contracts, internet, business, finance, employment, RE, consumer, & more.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Jane T (LLC) is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I go about getting a letter of administration ...

This answer was rated:

How do I go about getting a letter of administration when there wasn''t a will made up. My brother passed away Dec. 13th and he doesn''t have much except a checking account, 401k etc. I called his bank and they told me they would need a copy of the death certificate and a letter of administration. Any advise would be very helpful and appreciated. Thank you.....Marilynn


Letters of Administration are issued by probate courts to the person who is, or applies to be (in the case of an intestate estate (one where there is no will), the person responsible for "probating" the estate of a deceased. This brochure from the FL Bar Association discusses FL Probate -$FILE/34-%20Probate%20in%20Florida%20(Eng).pdf?OpenElement

Be aware that FL has two types of probate processes, one formal and one informal. You can find out more by contacting the probate court in the county where you need to file, but you can also review the information available from the Pinellas County Court - about FL probate.

Jane T (LLC) and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you