How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask truthfinder Your Own Question
truthfinder, Truth Finder
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 2293
Experience:  I'm a straight forward person w/ a professional manner & drive to find the truth!
Type Your Legal Question Here...
truthfinder is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

bought something online,never received, company no longer ol

This answer was rated:

i bought a dog online. after wrangling with the company for several weeks i cancelled my order. i paid for the dog by charge card. the charge card company investigated and couldnt help because the company offered a store credit. before i could purchased anything the company has changed their number and the web site dosent exist anymore. is there anything i can do now.
Have you filed a complaint with the Attorney General? The Better Business Bureau? Do you have anyway of contacting them? As this was an online transaction it could be considered a computer crime as well as fraudulent business practices and theft; this should be reported to the FBI HERE as well as to your state department HERE. You should file a police report for the theft as well as contact the Secretary of State for the state the online business was registered in to file a complaint as well as see if they have any information on the whereabouts of the business now. I would also recommend filing a civil action or small claims action against them in their original business name in the state where they were registered. It would be best to retain legal counsel on this matter due to jurisdictional issues and the fact they do not have a physical store will be a complicated process. I also suggest you contact your credit card company again and make them aware of the new development.
truthfinder and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
contacted credit card company again and was told they still couldnt help me but to contact the bbb thank you for your help
You are very welcome and I hope things work out for you! Good luck & God bless!