How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Justice For All Your Own Question
Justice For All
Justice For All, Attorney at Law, JD
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1349
Experience:  Over 8 years of legal experience /family law, general practice, and criminal defense.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Justice For All is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can a city hold the property owner responsible for a ...

Resolved Question:

Can a city hold the property owner responsible for a water bill cotracted between the city and a tenant who has moved and left an unpaid balance. The city doesn''t even contact the property owner to ask if the name the service goes into even rents the property in question.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Justice For All replied 9 years ago.

No, they are supposed to hold the actual person whose name the water bill is in responsible. Now if the water bill was still in your name while the tenanat was there, then yes, you would be responsible.

If this has happened, you will have to pay the water bill and file suit against the tenant so that you may be reimbursed for your payment of this bill.

Please don't forget to ACCEPT so that I may be compensated for my time.


Justice For All and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you