How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Justice For All Your Own Question
Justice For All
Justice For All, Attorney at Law, JD
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1349
Experience:  Over 8 years of legal experience /family law, general practice, and criminal defense.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Justice For All is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I bought a tax business this year, i paid 75000 for it, ...

Resolved Question:

I bought a tax business this year, i paid 75000 for it, 3000 assets and 72000 for goodwill. The previous tax preparer that worked here had a felony for embezzlement in 1998, so i got rid of him and when he left he had a back up of the company that the prevoius owner gave him or he backed it up before i let him go. he used the data base to contact the clients that we have already prepared this year and others we havent. I called the police and they arrested him for theft PC502(c)(2) in california. Since the flyers have gone out to the clients from him the phone stopped ringing and the clients are using his service at a different company that is not owned by him and they are using there service. He provided the data base to that company and they sent flyers. also the preparer in questions was offered to buy the company and he turned it down, Now he is saying that he is going to sue me for wrongfull arrest. Can you please advise me what to do next. Thank you Ron
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Justice For All replied 9 years ago.

He would not be able to sue for wrongful arrest based on what you have told me as he did legally commit theft by taking data from your company. If his actions have caused detriment to your company, you may actually file suit against him as well as seek an injunction to make him stop his actions that are causing the damage.

If he had signed an agreement to not compete, he will further be liable for giving this information to other businesses.

He has also infringed upon trade secrets of the business in distributing this data to others.

I would highly recommend getting an attorney to file suit against him as well as the company that received the information so that they will no longer be able to use it.

Please don't forget to ACCEPT so that I may be compensated for my time.


Justice For All and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Justice For All replied 9 years ago.

If you need more help on this question, please let me know.



Don't forget to accept so that I may be compensated for my time as this is the only way that I am paid on Just Answer.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
My contact info is(NNN) NNN-NNNNmy name is XXXXX XXXXX you please give me a call this weekend or Monday and we can furthur discuss this.

Thank you for your help
Ron Murphy