How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Justice For All Your Own Question
Justice For All
Justice For All, Attorney at Law, JD
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1349
Experience:  Over 8 years of legal experience /family law, general practice, and criminal defense.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Justice For All is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds


This answer was rated:

No Comment Added

First, make sure that they are not past the statute of limitations. In Florida this is four years since the last payment.

If they are past the SOL, let the court know this and object. If not, make the creditors produce proof of the debt. If they can't, the suit may be dropped. Other than that, explain to the judge why it was not paid and any proof you have of payments that were made.

Please don't forget to ACCEPT so that I may be compensated for my time.

Good luck!


Justice For All and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
My answer was actually for Tennesses but mistakingly Florida was written. If you had needed clarification on my typo (my apologies) just ask prior to leaving feedback! Thanks!