How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask truthfinder Your Own Question
truthfinder, Truth Finder
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 2293
Experience:  I'm a straight forward person w/ a professional manner & drive to find the truth!
Type Your Legal Question Here...
truthfinder is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Florida Bullying law

Resolved Question:

My son , currently attends a school in Coral spring''s, FL. He''s currently in a hospital, because of the cause and effects of bullying in the school.
   His injuries aren''t physical, their
   I, would like to know if I as a parent
have any legal recourse.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  truthfinder replied 9 years ago.

IF the school did not do their job in stopping the bullying through suspension or other discipline then you have a civil case against them for negligence and personal injury. The child(ren) that did the bullying need to be charged with that crime so you need to file a police report and you can also press charges against their parents for allowing this to happen. Along with pressing criminal charges you can file suit in civil court to recover monetary damages for medical bills, personal injury, harassment, etc. as well as court costs and attorney fees should you decide to retain legal counsel. To read more on the laws of your state go HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE:

5) SAFETY.--In accordance with the provisions of s. 1006.13(5), students who have been victims of certain felony offenses by other students, as well as the siblings of the student victims, have the right to be kept separated from the student offender both at school and during school transportation.

Go HERE to report it to the Florida Department of Education especially if the school is doing nothing about this. You may also be able to get an order of protection against the child(ren) involved. They could be arrested for assault as well as it does not have to be the physical but verbal abuse is considered assault; read HERE.

If you have reported it to the teacher, then report it to the principal, then the School Superintendent, the District School Board, State Board of Education, and police.

truthfinder and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions