How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dave Martin Your Own Question
Dave Martin
Dave Martin, Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 19
Experience:  25 year veteran trial lawyer Million Dollar Advocates
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dave Martin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a PA tenent whom has recently had property loss from a ...

Resolved Question:

I am a PA tenent whom has recently had property loss from a fire that started in my next door neighbors home. I did not have renters insurance. Do I have any rights to request compensation for the property that I lost.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dave Martin replied 9 years ago.

Your action would be against the next door neighbor if you can show some fault on neighbor's part that caused the fire. Typically the police will investigate a suspicious fire to determine origin. You will want to talk to the local police to get the reults of their investigation. If your landlord is in violation of any local ordinances on smoke detectors or fire extinguishers that were violated, Landlord would also be liable for your losses. You would have to show that the potentially missing detectors or extinguishers would have prevented your losses.


Dave Martin and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions