How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask truthfinder Your Own Question
truthfinder, Truth Finder
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 2293
Experience:  I'm a straight forward person w/ a professional manner & drive to find the truth!
Type Your Legal Question Here...
truthfinder is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A summons has been served. I get SSI from a special

Customer Question

A summons has been served. I get SSI from a special need son and have a part time job. My son got sick while I was working at BD''s and they were getting ready to terminate for attendance when I quit. These were incurred then and I have no money to pay the hospital bill. My house is in the forclosure stage so what are my rights as a citizen? Please advice me if my income tax money should be used to save the house or pay the medical bill. Deb Jank6
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  truthfinder replied 9 years ago.

If you have received a summons to appear in court then you need to file an answer to the court denying that you owe the debt or stating why you believe it should be dismissed. If their is a court date set and you do not answer the court within 20 days or do not show at the hearing, then the creditor will win by default and they will be able to seek judgment through means of garnishment of wages, liens on property, or garnishing of your bank accounts. Your best option is to file for bankruptcy which will stop the foreclosure and the collections. To read more go HERE, HERE, and HERE.

You may also be eligible for free legal assistance through your local Legal Aid and Pro Bono groups; go HERE and HERE.