How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawgirl Your Own Question
Lawgirl, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4606
Experience:  I am an attorney familiar with the above-stated subject matter.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Lawgirl is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a company that you no longer work for double pays ...

This answer was rated:

If a company that you no longer work for double pays your vacation pay do you have to return it?


Thank you for your question.

Unfortunately, the law does not allow double pay. The law does allow an employer who mistakenly over pays to ask for that money back. So, I would recommend that you not spend that money, if possible. If you are concerned about spending the money if you hold onto it, you may want to bring the error to the company's attention and offer to return the money up front.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Otherwise please hit "ACCEPT", so I may receive credit for my response. Tips and feedback are also appreciated!

Good Luck!



Lawgirl and 10 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you