How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Justice For All Your Own Question
Justice For All
Justice For All, Attorney at Law, JD
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1349
Experience:  Over 8 years of legal experience /family law, general practice, and criminal defense.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Justice For All is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

can a woman be sued for having an affair with my ...

Customer Question

can a woman be sued for having an affair with my husband even though we are in the process of getting a divorce. if so what are the recourses. she has him to beleive that i'm calling her.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Justice For All replied 9 years ago.

A lawsuit can be filed against someone for alienation of affection; however, the damage amounts awarded for this would probably not be worth the trouble.

A problem you would have regardless is that you are in the middle of a divorce, thus alienation of affection would not be a viable reason for suit. If you could show that this affiar started prior to any separation, this adultery could be used against your husband in court.

Please don't forget to ACCEPT so that I may receive credit for my answer.

Expert:  Justice For All replied 9 years ago.

If you need more help, please let me know.



Please accept so that I may be compensated for my time.