How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Justice For All Your Own Question
Justice For All
Justice For All, Attorney at Law, JD
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1349
Experience:  Over 8 years of legal experience /family law, general practice, and criminal defense.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Justice For All is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am the co-borrower for a loan. the loan is not in default ...

This answer was rated:

I am the co-borrower for a loan. the loan is not in default because I ''ve paid it ever since the first payment wasn''t made on time. I wonder do I have the right to sue the borrower for unpaid money that I ended up paying for? We had a verbal agreement for $375for 24 mos toward the 8500 loan. The borrower made one late/ insufficient payment and I took over managing the payments. The borrower agreed to give me the money every month and I was supposed to make the payments.I only recieved $200 in payments.It has been 5 years and I still have 8 years and variable interest rates to go.

Yes, you definitely can and should sue the borrower of this loan for having made these payments.

You can file suit yourself or with the help of an attorney. You can sue in small claims court if the amount does not exceed $6000.

Here is a link to help you for small claims court:

If the amount does exceed $6000 you would need to file suit in circuit court.

Please don't forget to ACCEPT so that I may recieve credit for my time.


Justice For All and 10 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Can you give me info to sue the amount is over 6000.It is 8500.

Courthouse Address:
P.O. Box 1350
Muskogee, Oklahoma 74402


Here is the address and telephone for where you will file suit. Here in my state, the clerk of court has a simple form that you can fill out if you are representing yourself. I would suggest calling them about this.

I have been trying to find you a link that would tell you in detail how to do this as the small claims link did; however, I cannot find one.

Here is the link though to a list of attorney's who can help you with this case: