Michelle
Michelle, Paralegal
Experience:  31 years of experience in criminal, real estate, juvenile and family law
3273316

How does anyone go about changing or enforcing the law

How does anyone go about changing or enforcing the law so no one can ask or require your social security number except your employer for tax reasons?

DearCustomer/p>

This needs to be done via US Congress - you can start at your State Level with your representives in the CA General Assembly - while the SS# XXXXX never intended for identifying factors, it has evolved to that level - leaving many vulnerable to identity theft. The US Congress has been working on reducing when the SS# XXXXX be required and has limited it to banking, employment, etc. But your State Legislators can also work toward limiting when one can request the number -

If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . If I can be of further help, let me know. Appropriate FEEDBACK is appreciated as is a bonus. Thanks ~ Michelle