How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 20012
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Attorney & Mediator is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a credit card charge off on my credit report.

Resolved Question:

I have a credit card charge off on my credit report. This account was sold to a third party and I went to court for it. I won the civil case in court, but the credit card debt remains on my credit report as a charge off. My question is how do I get this removed or do I have the right to have it removed.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 9 years ago.
You can contact the credit reporting agencies and request the removal of the charge off account. Since you have a judgment in your favor you will need to present proof with the credit reporting agencies to remove it. First, contact the agencies where the charge off account is showing and ask them how to proceed with the process. Typically you may have to write your request to remove the charge off account and attach copies of your judgment.

Don't forget to click Accept for my time and research, thank you.

Please accept my answer for the work I have provided you and to close this window. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate information. Thank you.

Attorney & Mediator and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you