How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anne Your Own Question
Anne, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 2302
Experience:  Trial Lawyer, 15 Years Experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Anne is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I respond to a foreclosure summons which has

Customer Question

How can I respond to a foreclosure summons which has errors(names me as a note/mortgage co signor) and use this error in to my benefit to adjourn the court hearing for this complaint. My mother took out this mortgage loan for me and Im supposed to be only on the deed. I never applied for a loan, being I was unemployed at the time. Im not listed on the HUD, 1098's ,mtg stmts,loan correspondence,etc.Unfortunately , I just noticed today, that they have me listed on the mortgage as a cosignor ( an obvious error). The mortgage was briefly reported on my credit 2 yrs later after the purchase, I disputed and it was deleted. I want to save my house and need time to collect funds for the proposed repayment plan the bank has quoted. How do I word (verbiage) the summons response for an adjournment, extension or request a motion to compel the bank to prove Im in default and owe this loan.Also, do my mom accept or acknowledge default of the mortgage. What should we say about the complaint.thanks
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Anne replied 9 years ago.


If you are in California, I can provide you with advice on this problem. If you are in a different state, I will "opt out" so another Expert can answer your question.


Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I need advice for a NY state property. THanks for trying.