Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

we have (2) grandchildren living with their father who ...

Customer Question
we have (2) grandchildren living...
we have (2) grandchildren living with their father who dosn''t want us to visit with them, the divorse of the parents was iniatiated in Monterey ca. , we believe they are living in nevada with their father, of which was arrested for a sex offence and was found guilty, he also was arrested for road rage in stockton ca. we     haven''t been able to see them in over two years and are very concerned for their well being , what is our first thing to do to get visition rights? Donald L. [email protected]
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Legal
2/1/2008
Lawyer: Dave Kennett, Lawyer (JD) replied 9 years ago
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer (JD)

DearCustomer- You made no mention of where your daughter is and whether or not she has visitation rights. If she has visitation then you certainly should be able to see the children during that time. If she is not in the picture then you would have to first be able to locate the children.

Once you locate them then you would have to make a motion with the court that issued the divorce, I assume in Monterey, and file a motion for visitation. The problem in all of this is that they are out of your jurisdiction and even if you can get a court order it may be difficult to enforce.

If you are concerned for their safety I would try to get a police department or children's services involved. Once again, you need to find them before you can do anything of substance.

David Kennett - JD - Attorney at Law

Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer (JD)
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer (JD)