How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gregory Boop Your Own Question
Gregory Boop
Gregory Boop, Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 364
Experience:  A trial attorney with a decade of experience representing people and small businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Gregory Boop is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have an LLC made up of 2 llcs. One of the ...

Resolved Question:

We have an LLC made up of 2 llc''s. One of the members was expelled pursuant to the Operating Agreement and also pursuant to the operating agreement the expelled member has no interest in the company. We have formally given notice of expulsion and passed a resloustion to expel the LLC member. We have contacted the relevant state commission and we were told that nothing needs to be filed. But we want to be safe and we want to know whether we should file the expulsion with the circuit court - to give notice on the property record for third parties and also we want to know whether we should chage the title of the property that the LLC owns.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Gregory Boop replied 9 years ago.

There are 3 llc's here so lets talk about them as follows: Big llc, Remaining llc, Expelled llc.

1) Property Title: As long as it is in the name of the Big llc, that title does not need to be changed.

2) File expulsion? I don't see that you could or would need to do this,

3) Other filings: Check your original articles filed with the state. Make sure expelled llc is not listed as an agent of service. If they are, that will need to be changed. You can file amended articles or "corrected" articles as they are called in Virginia and list only the original llc. The form to do that is here.

Gregory Boop and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions