How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Walter Your Own Question
Walter, Legal Consultant
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 11528
Experience:  Specializing in all aspects of law including Family, Real Estate, Employment and Consumer Protection
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Walter is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I go about getting acourt order to keep a ...

Customer Question

How do I go about getting acourt order to keep a person or persons from snooping around my house? I have had a person taking pictrures (unauthorizsed) picrtures of my patio, invading privacy etc.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Walter replied 9 years ago.


If you can answer a few questions that would be helpful

Are they coming onto your property?

Who is this taking pictures and why are they taking pictures?

Where are they at when they are taking the pictures?


Customer: replied 9 years ago.
They are leaning over my patio fence taking pictures of my patio. They are taking pictures of my bird feeders etc. My patio is enclosed with a fence and a door which has a padlock on it.

A woman who lives in this complex. Has no authority to do this from me.

She was evidently trying to get evidence that I was feeding the birds, which I have done for the past 10 years and have not tried to conceal the fact that I am doing this. There are no laws currently that say I can't do this.
Expert:  Walter replied 9 years ago.


She can not by law come onto your property. If she is simply taking photos of a area that can be seen without coming onto your property then no there is nothing you can do.

If she is leaning over your fence, then you have the right to call the police and let her and police know that she is trespassing on your property. If she does so again you can have her arrested for trespassing. Your fence is your property.


Customer: replied 9 years ago.
My original question was "How do I go about or can I get a court order to stop these people from invading my privacy." This question was not addressed in your answer. Also, your first e mail "slipped" away somewhere so I could not answer it. Awaiting your reply. Don't worry about your $ will get it as soon as I get something from you I can use to fight this problem. Thanks.

Mark Schulte
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Walter's Post: Maybe you are not understanding the question...I asked what action through the courts I could take to get her to stop taking pictures of my patio, by that I meant a court order or restraining order...can I do this or not.

Mark Schulte
Expert:  Walter replied 9 years ago.


I am sorry, for the delay I had a offline emergency. As far as the 15.00 I do not wish for you to pay this until you are satisfied with the answer. Helping you is my number one priority.

How to stop them: Your first step would be to put a no trespassing sign on the fence. This will start the process of proving trespassing. When and if you catch them again you will need to call the police immediately and report a trespasser on your property. The police will then come out and issue them a citation as well as inform them this is private property and they are not to come onto the property again.

Should you catch them again you will need to call the police again. At that point you can request a restraining order or a no contact order and have a judge court order them to stay off the property.

I wish you the best,